Monday, November 24, 2008

Bryan World Heritage Project

Hi everyone. My name is Bryan. I don't know a lot about my family. My mom grew up in fosters homes (those are where you live when you don't have parents) and my dad died when my mom was pregnant with me, so I didn't get to know him really. I do have two pictures of him though and I am named after him. I talked to Miss Fredell about this and I think I want to pretend that my family heritage is from Ghana in Africa. I think I might pretend that my great-great-great-great-great-great grandfather was captured and brought to America as a slave. Africa seems like a cool place to come from. The music there is so happy and they use colors in many cool ways. I also think some of the piercings they have are pretty cool too even though my mom says no piercings for my until I am 15. I also like that in Africa there are animals that don't live normally where we do. I can see some in a zoo but it will be cool to see where they are supposed to live.

~Bryan

2 comments:

Rashel said...

Hey Bryan,

I hadn't even thought about music yet! That's a great idea. I know that German music is sometimes called polka dots. Maybe I could learn a polka dot and show the class.

~Susan

Rashel said...

Susan,

I think it's just called polka. I learned a polka when I was in dance class and show you when you have time.

~Lizzy