Monday, November 10, 2008

Digital Imagery

Prior to our class about the use of digital images and appropriate accreditation for images, I would have suggested to the student to search using Google or Yahoo image searches and post the link to the site on which she found the image. Or, if there is a specific photographer or author to use that name. I would also highly recommend starting the image search within the document creator she is using. Most students tend to use Microsoft Word and this has a built in image function. If she was not able to find the images there I would suggest to use the same Microsoft image search to search through their online database. If she found images there I actually don't think I would be able to tell her how to give appropriate credit for them. I am not sure if you would need to.

After our class, I now know that you can still search for images using Google and Yahoo image searches, but you must look for the copyright licenses and seek to find creative commons licenses in order to appropriately use the images. I would recommend searching on flickrCC or CCSearch for images with CC licenses and walking her through how to use the labels for the licenses. I would also use the tutorials presented to us in class to show her how to use these images. I think that these tutorials were helpful to me and will be sure to bookmark them for future use with students.

No comments: